We are grateful for all the volunteers who help us achieve our mission of empowering and supporting all Vermont families of children with special needs.
If you’re interested in learning more about any of the following volunteer opportunities, please send an email to Info@vtfn.org.
- Parent Match program: We’re always looking for parents who are in a place in their journey to listen and offer support to another parent who requests a one-to-one parent match. Contact coordinator Mindy Deibler.
- Family Faculty program: If you are the parent of a child with a special health need or disability and live in the Chittenden County area, you may be interested in our Family Faculty program. In this program, families share their stories with future professionals as a way of teaching Family-Centered Care. Contact coordinator Jenny Norris.
- Exhibit Tables: Are there events in your area like a Back-to-School night or a Community Resource Fair where you would like to share some of our materials at an exhibit table? We would appreciate your help in spreading the word on who we are and how we can help.
- Sibshops: Brothers and sisters (age 6+) come together for fun activities and to meet others who know what it’s like to be a sibling to those with disabilities or special health needs. We host Sibshops in Chittenden County on Saturdays. Adults or high school students can volunteer to help the facilitators.
- Board of Directors: Our Board of Directors is a mix of parents of children with special health needs or disabilities, and professionals. Board members serve for 3 years.
- Special Projects Office Assistant: Our offices are in Williston. We periodically have short-term projects where we might need some extra help.
- Volunteer Puppeteer: We are occasionally looking for a volunteer puppeteer for our Puppets in Education program. We provide all the training.