2023 Annual Conference – Inclusion and Well-Being
This year our new Executive Director, Jacqui Kelleher and Vermont Agency of Education guests, Betty Roy and Cassie Santo will start off our day talking about Building Inclusive Systems. They will provide practical tips and strategies and highlight how inclusive systems and practices have positive impacts on the well-being of children, youth and their families and professionals who serve them. We will then welcome our featured presenter, Dr. Joelle Van Lent, who will focus on the well-being and resilience of caregivers, families and helping professionals. This presentation will offer fascinating information about how we are impacted in positive ways through caring roles, as well as our risk for negative impact. Participants will learn practical strategies that can be used to buffer impact and increase the resilience of the care provider.
For the afternoon, we will partner with UVM Center on Disability and Community Inclusion when Dan and Samuel Habib will share their new short film “My Disability Roadmap” and discuss how they have tried to build a culture of inclusion in their family, school district, and community, as well as plan for a full adult life as Samuel enters his 20’s. VFN Conference attendees are invited to stay for the film event at no additional cost.
The VFN Conference Parent/Guardian registration fee is $25.00 and the Professional registration fee is $35.00. This fee will cover costs for the morning conference including lunch and parking. The afternoon film event sponsored by CDCI, will be free and open to the public. If you are only interested in the film screening, please do not complete the VFN conference registration. If you have any questions about the afternoon film screening, please contact CDCI at email@example.com.
- The VFN conference programming runs between 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., with registration and exhibits open at 8:00 a.m. Coffee and tea will be available, but breakfast will not be included. Lunch will be served only for those who register for the morning VFN conference.
- Parking will be available for VFN conference attendees on campus, and vouchers and parking lot location information will be sent closer to the date of the event.
- Refund policy: Full ticket refunds are available through 03/31/23. After this date, we are not able to provide a refund. Substitution of attendees is encouraged.
- Limited scholarships are available for parents/guardians on a first-come, first-served basis. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request.
If you would like to join us on April 11th for the VFN Conference, please complete the PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION.
If you would like to be a SPONSOR for this conference, complete the SPONSORSHIP REGISTRATION.
If you would like to be an EXHIBITOR and/or PURCHASE AN AD in our conference brochure, complete the EXHIBITOR/AD REGISTRATION.
*While not required, the University of Vermont strongly encourages that all visitors be fully vaccinated before coming to campus.
9:00 – 9:05 Housekeeping
9:05-9:10 Introduction from Jacqui Kelleher, VFN’s new Executive Director
9:10-9:50 “Building Inclusive Systems” with Jacqui Kelleher, Betty Roy, Cassie Santo
10:00-12:00 “Well-Being and Resilience for Caregivers” with Dr. Joelle Van Lent
CDCI Habib Film Event:
1:00-4:30 “My Disability Roadmap” screening and discussion with Dan and Samuel Habib
Many Thanks to our 2023 VFN CONFERENCE SPONSORS!
- Thank you to the University of Vermont – Center on Disability and Community Inclusion (CDCI) for partnering with VFN to make the screening of “My Disability Roadmap” free and convenient for conference attendees
- Office of the Provost, University of Vermont