Printable Version of Education Options and Programs in Vermont

Secondary and Postsecondary Programs for Students with Intellectual Disabilities and Autism

Each of these programs are part of the Postsecondary Education Consortium Initiative and each have a unique primary focus. To better understand the differences between these programs, refer to this matrix listing education resources.

Consortium of Vermont Colleges

Bennington College, Bennington, VT  05201 (802) 440-4312 or Toll free: (800) 833-6845 Student Support Services

Castleton State College, Castleton, VT 05735 (800) 639-8521 Disability Services

Champlain College, 163 South Willard Street, Burlington, VT 05402 (802) 860-2727 or (802) 651-5961 Student Services

Community College of Vermont, Locations Statewide (802) 241-3535 Academic Services

Goddard College, 123 Pritkin Road, Plainfield, VT 05667 (802) 454-8311 Student Services

Landmark College, River Road South, Putney, VT 05346 (802) 387-6718 Academic Support Services

Marlboro College, P.O. Box A , South Road, Marlboro, VT 05344-0300 (802) 257-4333 Academic Support Services

Middlebury College, 131 South Main Street, Middlebury, VT 05753-6002 (802) 443-3000 Student Accessibility Services

New England Culinary Institute, 5 Franklin Street, Essex Junction, VT 05452 (802) 764-2135 Student Support Services

Northern Vermont University,  Johnson Campus,  337 College Hill Johnson, VT 05656 800-635-2356 or  802-635-1219; Lyndon Campus, 1001 College Rd. Lyndonville, VT 05851  800-225-1998  or 802-626-6413 Disability Services

Norwich University, Northfield, VT 05663 (802) 485-2001 Academic Achievement Center

Saint Michael’s College, One Winooski Park, Colchester, VT 05439 (802) 654-3000 Accessibility Services

School for International Training, Kipling Road, Brattleboro, VT 05301 (802) 257-7751

Sterling College, P.O. Box 72, Craftsbury Common, VT 05827 (802) 586-7711

University of Vermont, 194 South Prospect Street,  Burlington, VT 05401-3596 (802) 656-3370 Disability Services at ACCESS Program

Vermont Law School, Chelsea Street, South Royalton, VT 05068-0096 (802) 831-1000 Disability Documentation

Vermont Technical College, P.O. Box 500, Randolph Center, VT 05061 (802) 728-1000 Center for Academic Success

Vermont Career and Technical Education Programs

Cosmetology Schools

O’Brien’s Aveda Institute, 1475 Shelburne Road, South Burlington, Vermont 05403 (802) 658-9591

Culinary Art School

New England Culinary Institute, 250 Main Street Montpelier, Vermont 05602 (802) 223-6324

High School Programs

The Bridging Program at CCS helps students negotiate the transition from high school to adulthood. It is offered at, coordinated by, CCS in partnership with Burlington, Colchester, Mt. Mansfield Union, South Burlington, and Winooski High Schools.

The EHS Employment Program: Designed to give students who have a disability the necessary employment experience to be successful in the workforce.  

Landmark College: Offers a summer program for students with learning disabilities to prepare for college.

Next Steps Program: A youth transition program that provides employment and educational exploration experiences for high school juniors and seniors considering college or specific career tracks following high school graduation.

School2Work: A unique and collaborative career development initiative that prepares Chittenden County high school students with intellectual and developmental disabilities for successful transitions to – and employment in – the competitive workplace.

Job Corps: A free education and training program that helps young people learn a career, earn a high school diploma or GED, and find and keep a good job. For eligible young people at least 16 years of age that qualify as low income, Job Corps provides the all-around skills needed to succeed in a career and in life. (802) 877-2922

Military programs

Coast Guard Officer Programs

Navy Education Programs

Vermont National Guard


Radiology Schools and Programs

Vermont Youth Conservation Corp: Hires young people ages 16-24 who work and study together under adult leadership to complete high-priority conservation projects such as state park management, trail maintenance, and backcountry construction.