Mission and Vision
Collaborating to develop, provide, and manage an effective transition process for students in Rutland County.
Contact for team
Agenda and Notes
- January 11th from 1:30 – 3pm
- April 12, 1:30 – 3pm
October 21st 11-2pm
UVM Extension Services Programs –
- Discover GIS – Students can learn all about Geographic Information Systems (GIS) – a key technology now and for the future! In this two session virtual workshop you will start your journey into learning GIS by creating your own StoryMap and more. Learn more .
- Exploring Vermont Dairy – Curious about how dairy farmers in Vermont use technology on the farm or ever wonder how a diet for a cow is formulated? Participants will have an opportunity to delve into these and other questions about dairy farming. For ages 12-18; online. Learn more here.
- VTeen 4-H Science Pathways Cafes Click here to view. Offering both in-person and virtual cafes! The first in-person cafe is on October 16 from 5-7 pm at UVM. Our guest scientist will discuss Cellular Agriculture and Tissue Engineering. Learn more and register here. Teen science cafes are open to youth in grades 7-12; teens will meet a scientist, learn about their work, explore different science pathways, engage in informal discussions and ask questions. You can view recordings here.
- Youth Environmental Summit (YES) is an annual event for youth in grades 6-12 who want to learn about environmental issues and find ways to take action. Learn more about this year’s real-time virtual kick-off on Friday, October 29 from 9 am – 12:30 pm. Click here to view the event flyer and workshop descriptions. Learn more and register here.
- Teens Reaching Youth (TRY) for the Environment is an environmental leadership opportunity for students in grades 7-12. Learn more here. Applications are due no later than November 8, 2021.
- VTeen Leadership Weekend November 19-21, is a fun-filled weekend developing important skills and traits that will help you stretch and improve your leadership, communication, problem solving, teamwork and other transferable skills to take back and use in your club work, school and community. Open to all youth in grades 7-12. Learn more here and register.
National Association of Social Work Upcoming Trainings Related to Youth (trainings may have a fee):
- Cultivating Youth Mattering: October 20th, 2021 3-4:30pm. The Maine Resilience Building Network brings you an interactive learning session on cultivating mattering for youth. Register HERE.
- Teen Anxiety & CBT – An Introduction: November 4th, 2021 9-10:30am AND Teen Anxiety & CBT – A Deeper Dive: November 18th, 2021 9-10:30am. mind.” Register for Part 1 HERE and Part 2 HERE.
NEW Early College Opportunities Beginning Fall 2021: EC+opportunities are in the areas of Graphic Design, Cyber Security, and IT and are a partnership between VSAC and CCV. The highlights of EC+ are: $1000 stipend for books etc., a certificate in one of three “Best Bet” jobs, and a dedicated VSAC advisor to provide “next steps” college and career counseling. contact Sarah Kresser at VSAC kresser@VSAC.org .
Free UVM and CCV Classes: It was announced last week that UVM and CCV will be offering two free college courses to all Vermonters in certain subject areas. Here is the link to the website that shows what courses will be offered. https://upskillvermont.org/#Courses
Listen Up Is Going On Tour: Listen Up is a musical based on and performed by Vermont teens. Please see attached flyer with tour dates. Tickets are available! Get them here: https://tickets.catamountarts.org/
- Community High School of Vermont – Rutland
- Fairhaven Union High School
- Lihigh School
- Mill River Union High School
- Otter Valley Union High School
- Poultney High School
- Rutland High School
- RHS-Grove Street Campus
- RHS-Allen Street Campus
- Proctor Jr./Sr. High School
- West Rutland School
- Sheldon Academy
- Stafford Technical Center