Mission and Vision
Contact for team
Kara Righi 802-595-4278 ;
Diane Torres 802-377-5264
Darcy Oakes 802-447-6946
- 15 minutes of agency introductions and updates
- 15-20 minutes of detailed referral and program presentation from a program in community
- 20 minutes of case consultations
- 5 minutes of feedback on the meeting (what went well, what should we change, etc.).
Meeting dates subject to change, but we generally meet bi-monthly on the first Thursday of the odd months. Meetings are at 2:30pm and the locations rotate.
- Jan 10, 2022, 2:00 PM
- Feb 14, 2022, 2:00 PM
- Mar 14, 2022, 2:00 PM
- Apr 11, 2022, 2:00 PM
- May 9, 2022, 2:00 PM
- January 9, 2023 2:30 PM
- March 13, 2023 2:30 PM
Vicarious Visions Video Game Industry Panel The video is available on our DVR Industry Panel: Vicarious Visions – Video Games Industry (YouTube)
- The College Compass Program (formerly referred to as the College Steps Pilot Program) has been renamed and a summary for educators and partners is attached. This program is active on the State College Campuses at Castleton, Lyndon, and Johnson and is funded by VocRehab.
- Camp/ National Transportation Summer Institute July
- Resources for Supporting LGBTQ+ Youth: 9 Strategies for Quarantining in a Non-LGBTQ+ Affirming Environment: With help from queer therapists and experts from The Trevor Project
- Direct Online and Phone Support Services for LGBTQ Youth: The Human Rights Campaign compiled some resources that LGBTQ youth and their parents/guardians can access online or by phone.
- Outright Vermont has moved their Friday Night Groups to Zoom. This peer-based group could be especially helpful for youth who are looking to connect with other Vermonters.
- UVM Extension/4-H Virtual & Summer Learning Opportunities :Learn more about each program and register If your school does not support the use of Zoom, then please reach out to Lauren.Traister@uvm.edu
- Virtual Enrichment Learning Opportunities, Each Weekday @ 3 pm: Monday – Distance Learning Social – Paper Chair Challenge (engineering design process); Tuesday – QuaranTeen Time – Getting College & Career Ready with guest presenter VSAC Outreach Counselor Lindsay Carpenter – this week’s focus in career exploration/career pathways; Wednesday – QuaranTeen Virtual Science Cafe – The Making of a CRISPR Cell Line: A Lab Story; Thursday – Distance Learning Social, participants meet back up to share this week’s engineering design challenge.
- ICYMI: Strategies and Resources for Students with Complex Support Needs in Distance Learning Environments: A webinar hosted by NTACT is now available to review (both the recording of the ~90 minute webinar as well as the resources discussed)
- March 18th at 3pm – Transition 101: Overview for Personnel New to the Field of Secondary Transition for Students with Disabilities – This webinar is being offered, primarily to help prepare team members who are new to secondary transition for the Capacity Building Institute (May 5 – 7, 2020). All are welcome. Dr. Jim Martin, retired from the University of Oklahoma – a widely recognized researcher and teacher educator in secondary transition for students with disabilities – will lead this webinar for NTACT. Free – Register HERE.
- March 31st from 11:30am-1pm – Supporting Youth who are Experiencing Homelessness: Achieving Employment through VR and Other Partners – This webinar will provide an overview of the Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program and national partners serving homeless youth, such as the National Network For Youth (NN4Y).To continue promoting the philosophy of Youth Voice in discussions involving youth service delivery, the highlight of this webinar will be a youth panel. Participants will learn about the services available through VR and best practice for VR and agencies serving Runaway and Homeless Youth (RHY) and from the youth themselves about what works best for them. Free – Register HERE.
In Person Trainings:
- Arlington Memorial High School
- Bennington School
- Burr & Burton Academy
- Community High School
- Long Trail School
- Manchester Village School
- Mt. Anthony Union High School
- Southwest Vermont Career Development Center