- This event has passed.
Watch: SSI, SSDI and Medicaid: What You Need to Know to Help Your Child/Youth Get and Keep Disability-Based Benefits
September 30, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Watch SSI, SSDI and Medicaid: What You Need to Know to Help Your Child/Youth Get and Keep Disability-Based Benefits recording here.
Mark Hengstler and Barb Prine work at Legal Services Vermont and its sister organization, Vermont Legal Aid, helping people who have low incomes or disabilities navigate benefits programs. They will discuss:
– What is SSI and SSDI?
– Who is eligible and How do you apply?
– How are these programs related to Medicaid?
– What are the work incentives that allow people with disabilities to work and not lose benefits?
– Can people on SSI who lose their jobs get Unemployment Compensation?
– Barb Prine, Staff Attorney at the Disability Law Project
– Mark Hengstler, Law Clerk at Legal Services VT