- This event has passed.
Past: Rule 4500 Restraint, Seclusion, and Exclusionary Discipline: A Conversation with Families on their Experiences with the Process
March 10 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Past: “Rule 4500 Restraint, Seclusion, and Exclusionary Discipline: A Conversation with Families on their Experiences with the Process”
The Agency of Education is interested in hearing from parents/families who have interacted with the AOE because of their child experiencing a restraint, seclusion, or exclusionary discipline. VFN has been asked to bring together a virtual meeting of these parents/families to hear about their experiences and to receive feedback on both the Agency’s and the school district’s practices and procedures for improvement purposes. Please join us for this candid conversation on the family perspective. VFN will host and we will be joined by Agency staff who are working to improve the process for Vermont children, youth, and families.
1. What is your understanding of Rule 4500? What ideas do you have about more effectively informing families about the rule, procedures, and oversight?
2. When your child was restrained/secluded, how did the school handle the situation? What information was provided?
3. Did you reach out to the AOE for guidance? If so, what can you say about it?
4. How can the AOE improve its role in policies, practices, and procedures specific to Rule 4500? Public Schools?
– Hosted by Vermont Family Network in Collaboration with the Agency of Education