Grand Isle County Services
- Northwestern Counseling and Support Services (NCSS)
- INCLUSION Program Services provides intensive, individualized support to children in grades K-12 with serious emotional, behavioral, and academic challenges. (HowardCenter)
Education/School District/Supervisory Unions
Agency of Vocational Rehabilitation
- NCSS Employment Services
- Champlain Community Services Way2Work Program (Essex area)
- Project Hire – Howard Center(Burlington area)
- Transition II(Burlington area)
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Burlington area)
Independent Schools and Programs
- Augmentative Learning and Movement Center ALMC (South Burlington)
- Baird School – HowardCenter ages 6 – 14 (Burlington)
- Bellcate School grades 7 – 12 (Essex Jct.)
- Jean Garvin School ages 12 – 22 (Chittenden County)
- The Soar Learning Center (St. Albans area)
Providers of Services
- Designated Agency /Northwestern Counseling and Support Services (NCSS)Supports include service coordination/case management, home supports, employment services, community supports, family and respite supports, clinical interventions and crisis services.
- Specialized Support Agency/Champlain Community Services (CCS), Inc., offers coordinated on-to-one supported employment, home & shared living, school & transition, and community supports to children and adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Chittenden, Franklin, and Grand Isle Counties.
- College Steps Program partners with colleges and universities to support students of varying ability (e.g.,autism spectrum disorders (ASD), intellectual disabilities (ID), learning disabilities, etc.), ages 17-26, with their college pursuits.
- Mansfield Hall is a college program and residence for young adults who will benefit from a comprehensive academic, social, emotional, and vocational approach to higher education and transition.
- Next Steps Program is a youth transition program that provides employment and educational exploration experiences for high school seniors considering college or specific career tracks following high school graduation.
- SUCCEED Program (HowardCenter) in collaboration with The University of Vermont, offers SUCCEED, which provides comprehensive education, campus life, career development and student housing services to students with developmental disabilities.
- UVM/TPSID Think College is a small, innovative, inclusive, academic, social, and vocational program for students with intellectual disabilities seeking a college experience and is located at the University of Vermont.