Vermont Family Network Legal Resources
Vermont Legal Resources
- Disability Law Project
- Have Justice Will Travel
- Office of Public Guardian
- South Royalton Legal Clinic
- Vermont Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service will match you up with a qualified attorney to meet your legal needs. Private attorneys can help families with special education, Section 504, special needs trusts and guardianship needs.
- Vermont Center for Independent Living
- Vermont Superior Court Family Division and Probate Division
- Vermont Law Help – Free legal clinic Saturdays 10 am – 12 noon, 274 N. Winooski Ave., Burlington
- Center for Restorative Justice in Bennington
- Balanced and Restorative Justice- Northeast Kingdom Community Action
National Legal Resources
- American with Disabilities Act
- Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act of 2000
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act protects the privacy of student education records.
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) is a law ensuring services to children with disabilities throughout the nation.
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Act
- Office of Civil Rights
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act guarantees certain rights to people with disabilities. It was the first U.S. federal civil rights protection for people with disabilities.
- National Center on Dispute Resolution in Special Education – Restorative Justice Webinar – This recorded webinar focuses on the use of restorative justice practices for students with disabilities and their families.