Franklin County Services
Autism Consultation and Evaluation
Care Coordination for Children with Developmental Disabilities
- Bridge Program Care Coordination provides care coordination to assist families of children under the age of 22 who have developmental disabilities.
- Children’s Integrated Services (CIS)
- Early Intervention Autism Consultant Services provided in collaboration with Children’s Integrated Services’ State team, Vermont Family Network, Carol Andrew, and the Howard Center in Chittenden (Statewide)
- More Than Words ages birth – 5 (Statewide)
- Northwest Counseling and Support Services (St. Albans)
- School-Based Services/ Northwest Counseling
- The Soar Learning Center
- INCLUSION Program Services provides intensive, individualized support to children in grades K-12 with serious emotional, behavioral, and academic challenges. (HowardCenter)
Education/School District/Supervisory Unions
- Franklin Central Supervisory Union
- Franklin Northeast Supervisory Union
- Franklin Nortwest Supervisory Union
- Franklin West Supervisory Union
Agency of Vocational Rehabilitation
Provider of Services
- Designated Agency in Franklin County/Northwest Counseling and Support Services Supports include service coordination/case management, home supports, employment services, community supports, family and respite supports, clinical interventions and crisis services.
- Specialized Support Agency/Champlain Community Services (CCS), Inc., offers coordinated on-to-one supported employment, home & shared living, school & transition, and community supports to children and adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Chittenden, Franklin, and Grand Isle Counties.
- College Steps Program partners with colleges and universities to support students of varying ability (e.g.,autism spectrum disorders (ASD), intellectual disabilities (ID), learning disabilities, etc.), ages 17-26, with their college pursuits.
- Mansfield Hall is a college program and residence for young adults who will benefit from a comprehensive academic, social, emotional, and vocational approach to higher education and transition.
- Next Steps Program is a youth transition program that provides employment and educational exploration experiences for high school seniors considering college or specific career tracks following high school graduation.
- SUCCEED Program (HowardCenter) in collaboration with The University of Vermont, offers SUCCEED, which provides comprehensive education, campus life, career development and student housing services to students with developmental disabilities.
- UVM/TPSID Think College is a small, innovative, inclusive, academic, social, and vocational program for students with intellectual disabilities seeking a college experience and is located at the University of Vermont.
- The Program for Adaptive & Expressive Arts (PAEA) delivers therapeutic as well as recreational music & art services, private instruction, and creative workshops to children and adults of Franklin, Grand Isle and Chittendon Counties