Essex County Services
Care Coordination for Children with Developmental Disabilities
- Bridge Program Care Coordination provides care coordination to assist families of children under the age of 22 who have developmental disabilities.
- Children’s Integrated Services (CIS)
- Early Intervention Autism Consultant Services provided in collaboration with Children’s Integrated Services’ State team, Vermont Family Network, Carol Andrew, and the Howard Center in Chittenden (Statewide)
- More Than Words ages birth – 5 (Statewide)
Education/School District/Supervisory Union
Educational Services and Consultants
Agency of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Bellcate School
- College Steps Program partners with colleges and universities to support students of varying ability (e.g.,autism spectrum disorders (ASD), intellectual disabilities (ID), learning disabilities, etc.), ages 17-26, with their college pursuits.
- Next Steps Program is a youth transition program that provides employment and educational exploration experiences for high school seniors considering college or specific career tracks following high school graduation.
- SUCCEED Program (HowardCenter) in collaboration with The University of Vermont, offers SUCCEED, which provides comprehensive education, campus life, career development and student housing services to students with developmental disabilities.
- UVM/TPSID Think College is a small, innovative, inclusive, academic, social, and vocational program for students with intellectual disabilities seeking a college experience and is located at the University of Vermont.
Providers of Services
- Designated Agency in Essex County/Northeast Kingdom Human ServicesSupports include service coordination/case management, home supports, employment services, community supports, family and respite supports, clinical interventions and crisis services.
- Approaching Autism with Advocacy, Recovery & Education (AAWARE) Area Served: Washington, Orange, Caledonia, Orleans & Essex County,contact Claudia Pringles or 802-229-4665
- ARCH of the Upper Valley/Facilitated Support Group Area Served: Upper Valley and Norwich area,Contact: Kirsten Murphy or [email protected] or 802-649-2720 or 603-448-6311/ 603-443-9652
- Northeast Kingdom Families Together ( for families who have a transitional age youth or adult with developmental disabilities) Area Served: Northeast Kingdom, contact: Lori Christopher , 802-873-4576 or Vermont Family Network, 1-800-800-4005
- Special Needs Support Center (Lebanon, NH)