Addison County Services
Care Coordination for Children with Developmental Disabilities
- Bridge Program Care Coordinationprovides care coordination to assist families of children under the age of 22 who have developmental disabilities.
- Children’s Integrated Services (CIS)
- Early Intervention Autism Consultant Services provided in collaboration with Children’s Integrated Services’ State team, Vermont Family Network,Carol Andrew, and the Howard Center in Chittenden (Statewide)
- More Than Words ages birth – 5 (Statewide)
- Counseling Service of Addison County Intensive School Support Program provides year round, intensive services for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders age 2 – 22.
- Diversified Occupations Program (DO) at the Hannaford Career Center is anAddison Central Superisory Union Special Education program that serves students with specific academic, vocational, and behavioral needs.
- Sapphire Center, birth – age 6 (Middlebury)
Education/School District/Supervisory Union
- Addison Central Supervisory Union
- Addison Northeast Supervisory Union
- Addison Northwest Supervisory Union
- Addison-Rutland Supervisory Union
Agency of Vocational Rehabilitation
- College Steps Program partners with colleges and universities to support students of varying ability (e.g.,autism spectrum disorders (ASD), intellectual disabilities (ID), learning disabilities, etc.), ages 17-26, with their college pursuits.
- Next Steps Program is a youth transition program that provides employment and educational exploration experiences for high school seniors considering college or specific career tracks following high school graduation.
- SUCCEED Program (HowardCenter) in collaboration with The University of Vermont, offers SUCCEED, which provides comprehensive education, campus life, career development and student housing services to students with developmental disabilities.
- UVM/TPSID Think College is a small, innovative, inclusive, academic, social, and vocational program for students with intellectual disabilities seeking a college experience at the University of Vermont.
Providers of Services
- Designated Agency/Community Associates/Counseling Service of Addison CountySupports include service coordination/case management, home supports, employment services, community supports, family and respite supports, clinical interventions and crisis services.
- Specialized Support Agency/Specialized Community Care, Inc. 802-388-6388 (Middlebury)
Social Skills Training
- Social Skills Groups (CSAC) occur based on interest, utilizing evidence-based social skills curriculums targeted for individuals with social thinking difficulties. Contact Megan Mayo (CSAC) at 388-6751 or [email protected]
- Autism Support Group, meets on the first Tuesday of the month in the Community Room at the Ilsley Public Library in Middlebury from 7-8:30 (except November 8th). Contact Karen Nawn-Fahey at [email protected] or 802-989-3081.
- Sibling Group (location and dates for the Fall TBA) contact Megan Mayo (CSAC) at 388-6751 or [email protected]