We Need Your Voice: Family & Community Engagement Toolkit Review
Please come join us to inform how we put into practice high-quality Family and Community Engagement!
One of the sections of the Family and Community Engagement Toolkit that is in development will include a self-assessment effort and rating rubric along with a screener tool.
- The screener tool will be used to initially assess how they plan for and implement strategies to increase effective partnerships with families including sample practices, challenges, and expected outcomes for each element of family and community engagement.
- The rubric will be used to more deeply assess how effectively they plan for and implement strategies to increase effective partnerships with families and the community, and how these partnerships impact child outcomes.
- The action planning tool will be used to direct attention on any overlooked essential element to focus efforts on areas for improvement or gaps in knowledge by identifying promising and transferable approaches and strategies.
In early April 2017, we are looking to gather a work group of CIS professionals and families to review the rubric and screener with the intent that it would be available at the Annual CIS Institute in May to solicit other voices for review and to experiment further with at home.
What does this mean for you?
- A time commitment of 2-3 hours
- Bi-weekly meetings (one in-person and two phone/web-based)
- April 1 to May 15, 2017
Please RSVP to Heather Case at email@example.com if you are able to join us. If you cannot join and you know of someone who you think would be interested, please let us know that as well.