Family Consultant Program
Family consultants respond to concerns parents and family members have by phone, email, or in person. Our staff members are trained to respond to a variety of needs that include:
- Informing and guiding parents about the special education system, transition to adult life services, mental health services and more.
- Assisting families in preparing for school, Act 264 and other meetings about their child and, in a limited capacity, can attend meetings with families.
- Connecting families to a network of community resources.
- Offering a one to one match with other parent volunteers.
- Responding to family needs during early stages of their child’s diagnosis, during the adjustment to the dynamics a child with special needs brings to the family, or at any other time of change, challenge or transition.
- You can reach us for more information by calling 1-800-800-4005.