If you need help, call National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) or go to the website: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
or contact your local mental health crisis line.
You are not alone. The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is dedicated to advancing our knowledge of suicide and our ability to prevent it. The Foundations activities include:
- Research Projects that help further the understanding and treatment of depression and the prevention of suicide.
- Providing information and education about depression and suicide.
- Promoting professional education for the recognition and treatment of depressed and suicidal individuals.
- Publicizing the magnitude of the problems of depression and suicide and the need for research, prevention and treatment.
- Supporting programs for suicide survivor treatment, research and education.